We are looking for talented people to add to our team of investigators, analysts, and advocates. TCS offers internships to qualified college students and fellowships to recent college graduates.
TCS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, personal appearance, disability, veteran status, family responsibilities, marital status, political affiliation, matriculation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Full-Time Summer Fellowships & Internships
TCS is looking for currently enrolled and recently graduated college students to fill full-time, internships and fellowships for the spring. To be considered for an Internship position, candidates must be currently enrolled college students. Fellowships are open to recent college graduates.
TCS Fellows and Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Gain a broad perspective and first-hand experience in federal policymaking in Congress and the Executive Branch, media relations, and coalition advocacy.
- Develop their skills in writing, policy analysis, research, critical-thinking, and political awareness.
- Work closely with the professional staff to assume real responsibility in a fast-paced environment on Capitol Hill.
TCS Fellows and Interns will work in one or more of the following areas:
- Energy and Natural Resources: Research and analysis on a range of issues including subsidies for conventional and alternative energy, public lands, water resources, and natural resource management.
- Communications: Assist in outreach to reporters and producers on timely budget issues, monitor TCS’s media coverage, and promote TCS analysis and commentary on the web and through social media.
- Fundraising and Organizational Development: Learn about nonprofit management and assist with outreach and communications, donor management, prospect research, grant writing, and other organizational development.
Qualifications and Compensation:
Strong written and oral communication skills are essential, as well as attention to detail and an ability to be effective and organized in a fast-paced working environment. Candidates from all academic disciplines will be considered as long as they have a demonstrated interest in public policy, activism, or one of the issues areas mentioned above. Candidates interested in working with Communications must have some journalism or writing experience.
HOW TO APPLY
- a brief cover letter outlining your interest in an internship or fellowship with TCS (please make sure to indicate which program area you are most interested in);
- your resume;
- a short, 2-5 page writing sample; and
- two references, at least one reference from a former employer
to the attention of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, no phone calls.
TCS participates in several university internship programs that offer compensation or academic credit. In addition, TCS considers strong candidates independently for limited, competitively-paid positions.