At the end of fiscal year 2017, half of all federal acreage set aside for oil and gas leasing was tied up in non-producing leases, locking out other potential uses.
- Case Study: Taxpayers Lose in Noncompetitive Montana Lease Sale
- Report: Federal Oil and Gas Leasing: Getting a Fair Return from Rental Rates
- Graphic: Acres Offered in Federal Gas & Oil Lease Sales
- Graphic: Acreage Offered For Lease is Up from Four Year Average
- Report: The Federal Oil and Gas Leasing Process
- Fact Sheet: Arctic Refuge Leasing Revenues Don’t Add Up
- Report: The Cost of Speculation in Federal Oil and Gas Leases